Yes, even if you have allergies, asthma, and other respiratory allergies, you can have carpet. While vacuuming gets the surface dirt, and we recommend it several times a week, any remaining particles and pollutants get trapped into fibers, where they'll remain until scrubbed out with professional, deep cleaning. That means it works as an air filter of sorts, rather than letting substances circulate in the air to breathe!
1. Sound insulation. With enough cushioning to muffle sounds like beeping devices, footsteps, muffled conversations, and more, carpets are the perfect solution if you have infants, young children, or shift workers who sleep at odd hours in your home.
2. Safety and protection from hard falls. First, carpet has superior traction, i.e., grip, so if your kids or pets run through the house, they can slow down at corners instead of bumping (often hard) into walls, causing injury. If they do fall, it's a lot easier to fall on a soft surface than a hard one.
3. Temperature insulation. Rugs and their padding each have an R-value, insulation measurement, and ability to hold on to warmth or cool. Carpets have an R-value from 0.7 to 2.0 while padding ranges from .97 to 1.94. The higher, the better.
4. Sustainability. The "3 Rs, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" puts carpet at the forefront of efforts to reduce the planet's carbon footprint. Rugs that are old, worn, and unusable become recycled into new carpet or various products, such as roofing shingles or auto parts.
5. When carpet reaches the end of its long life, it is reused to make new carpet or recycled into various products, including roofing shingles, railroad ties, and automotive parts.
Creative Flooring Solutions opened its doors 70 years ago and enjoys an excellent reputation for high-quality products, outstanding carpet installations, and superior services, whether a customer or free quotes. Come into our showroom
in Virginia Beach or Richmond, VA, to see our products from brands like DreamWeaver, Mannington, Shaw, and more. We service Virginia Beach, VA, Norfolk, VA, Portsmouth, VA, Suffolk, VA, and Chesapeake, VA.